Thursday, August 11, 2011

Taking Debbie Diller's Organizing Advice

In the midst of setting up my classroom I decided to get out all of my math manipulatives and games and reorganize them into the categories listed in Math Work Stations K-2 by Debbie Diller.  Thanks to all of you bloggers who had math station parties this summer.  You have inspired me with your tips, free labels, and ideas.  It is a lot of work to reorganize, give away, and throw away; but it will be worth it when I have access to all of my math materials in one organized place.  We are using the Common Core Curriculum for math this year so I plan to implement guided math groups, and hands-on math tub experiences.  In the Math Stations book, Debbie Diller references "I Can" Lists that can be attached to the inside lids of the tubs.  I found great tubs at Menards that will work perfectly...not too big...just big enough.  They are on sale for $2.49 right now.  Look for Bella brand 12 quart tubs with a lid.  See the attached photo.  Happy sorting ...


0 comments: