Sunday, August 14, 2011

Never On Sunday...Unless You're a Teacher

 We spent the morning back in my classroom sorting the math materials.  I even got my husband and daughter (back yesterday from a summer job in Italy) to come and help.  The mounds of materials are getting bigger but as of today everything from the five areas of the room where math materials were stored are consolidated and sorted.  Here are some pictures from the other day:

Money and Measurement Materials
 
Geometry

Concept of Number

Where Do We Begin...


Fun among the chaos...
Look at Money and Measurement now:
I also compiled some lists from Debbie Diller's book that I want to share to help you organize your materials.  I plan to use these on the lids of my storage tub for each math concept.  I hope you can use these FREEBIES!
Counting/Number Concepts Materials List

Addition & Subtraction Materials List

Place Value Materials List

Geometry Materials List

Measurement Materials List

Measurement Materials List p.2

Data Analysis/Probability Materials List

3 comments:

Angela W. said...

Nice job! That is my task in the classroom today...I have a feeling it will take all week. Thank you for the materials lists. They will be a big help!
I am a new follower!
Angela Just Love Teaching!

Ms. J said...

Thanks for the materials list!! I am a new follower!!

Miss J smilescrayonsandendlessstories

alwayslearning said...

Hi! I just became a follower of your blog! Come and visit mine!
Have a great school year!
Holly
www.joyofkindergarten.blogspot.com